Technical Project Manager
Slack is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to manage projects led by the Business Technology (BizTech) engineers working out of our Pune office. This is an exciting opportunity to help accelerate the delivery of IT work within the company that is redefining how people work.
Projects planned and delivered in this role will be primarily focused on efforts in the infrastructure, application engineering, and data spaces, all related to corporate (internal) systems, applications, and physical offices. This role will be responsible for building technical project plans for efforts that advance BizTech’s overall roadmap, as well as tracking and driving the delivery of those projects. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a driving force in the continuous improvement of our planning and execution pipeline, working closely with peers globally.
- Lead projects end-to-end including: developing project plans, resource plan, clarifying scope, and tracking dependencies.
- Coordinate release schedule and execution of BizTech projects and create/utilize templates for project release including kick-off decks, design review templates, testing, and go/no go meetings.
- Lead discovery and escalation of risks as well as development of mitigation plans for the team to deliver against.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Communicate progress updates across team members, partners, and leadership.
- Lead and facilitate working sessions, demos, adoption & change management approaches, and training plans.
- Scrum Master for the BizTech teams represented in the Pune office.
- Cultivate positive relationships at all levels and partner with delivery teams.
- Understand the business case behind each effort and can clearly articulate the value to partners across the business.
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager in IT engineering and operations environments.
- Experience running multi-functional initiatives, resource plans, tasks, and workflows in technical project management within a technology company.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle risks, dependencies, resources, and vendors.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role, especially leading standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse multi-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with business partners by understanding their needs and goals as well as what motivates and engages them.
- Experience working with program management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Microsoft Project, Omniplan, etc
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.