Senior Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive – and our users are at the heart of everything we do and build at Slack. When people connect their work to Slack via workflows and apps, they become more successful and productive. We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help make Slack customers successful via the Slack Platform!
In this role, you’ll be the expert on how Slack customers can simplify their team’s work through Slack’s low-code tools and open APIs. This role is highly cross-functional, requiring partnership with fellow marketers and colleagues in product, engineering, sales, comms, and more. You will lead the go-to-market strategy for products that enable people to connect Slack to their internal workflows and processes. You will help identify customer needs, run pilots and betas, set clear goals, build messaging that resonates, and execute GTM activities that extend adoption well beyond launch day!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Partner with analytics and research to deeply understand the spectrum of Slack developers and Platform users, and use these inputs to build strategic narratives that engage these key audiences.
- Build integrated campaigns and nurture flows that drive sustained adoption of our platform.
- Collaborate with the customer success and sales team to create audience-focused collateral, including webinars, internal training, blog posts, and presentations that help tell the Slack product story.
- Partner with product and analytics to deepen the team’s understanding user and developer funnels; develop and run experiments to optimize the funnels.
- Develop a holistic understanding of how key audiences – admins, IT decision-makers, and end-users – influence the platform flywheel.
What you should have
- 4-6 years of related product marketing experience with a demonstrated passion for relating to technical audiences, and making complex concepts simple to understand for users.
- Proven ability to tackle ambiguous problems and break them down into well-scoped solutions. You optimize for impact, not effort.
- Outstanding communication skills and extraordinary writing ability.
- Preferred: Deep knowledge of marketplaces and/or developer platforms.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.