You can often eliminate a daily morning meeting that tends to take up a good amount of time, when most participants only need 30 seconds to share their status. Instead, try running it in a Slack channel where workers and managers can maintain visibility about everyone’s tasks without taking a half hour out of anyone’s day.
How to remind your team to share regular updates in Slack
- Pick which channel and an agreed upon time to run regular updates. Here are some examples:
- Running a daily update in a project channel like #proj-echo
- Sharing weekly updates in a team channel like #editorial-team
- Creating a dedicated channel for updates like #on-deck-today
- Use a slash command to set a reminder that asks your teammates to share their updates.
- Read replies in your channel to see what everyone is up to.
Also worth checking out
There are dedicated apps to help remind your team to share regular updates if you’d like more functionality, things like a bot asking each member about their project every morning and posting summaries into channels where your whole team can see.