Daily reminder to post standup in channel
What’s it handy for?
A daily standup is a useful way to keep teams aligned and communicate status and blockers.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Project managers: gather and consolidate status from the rest of the team
- Product managers: identify blockers
- Team members: have a standard time to communicate daily progress and needs
- Managers: visibility into what the rest of the team is working on
Every day at a given time, a message is posted in a team channel with a reminder and instructions for posting a daily status update. Mentioning a team’s user group will notify everyone.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, select the date and time when you want the workflow to start, and choose a frequency – every weekday, or every Monday, for example – for it to repeat. Next, choose the channel where you want the reminder message to be sent, and customize the message.
- When the date and time arrive, your message will be posted to the designated channel, and team members can respond with their standup status in thread.