Director, Paid Digital
We are looking for a seasoned leader to help build and grow our Paid Digital programs, reporting to our Head of Growth Marketing. As Head of Paid Digital, you have the track record and vision to help attract, convert, and retain self-service and enterprise users. Your north star is enabling new and existing teams to comprehend Slack use cases, deepen their usage, accelerate conversions, and drive adoption of Slack Connect.
Our mission to make people's working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Paid marketing is a critical strategic lever enabling us to connect with prospects and customers and help them understand and realize value from Slack. This leader is responsible for optimizing digital channels, identifying new opportunities, and partnering with product, sales, and marketing teams on future growth opportunities.
You are a master project manager known for your immaculate attention to detail. You are the go-to person within your function to get things done and move fast. You are a lifelong learner who understands the importance of communication and meaningful relationships. You have a proven history of analyzing data to identify areas of opportunity, executing in a highly cross functional environment, and an ownership mentality toward outputs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for our paid digital channels to drive Slack’s global Self-Serve and Enterprise growth strategies
- Own and optimize Slack's digital programs including SEM, Display, Paid Social, Content Syndication, et al.
- Lead and grow a team of talented and diverse marketers
- Design, implement, test, and scale paid strategies across channels including experimentation frameworks that optimize creative, audience and channel effectiveness
- Analyze business performance, drive measurable outcomes and clear recommendations to executive leadership
- Partner across the Marketing team to build experimentation plans to achieve Self Service and Enterprise goals
- Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Brand, Copy, and Design teams to transform ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
- Organize, prioritize, and forecast experiment output
- Generate hypotheses, create customer segments, design and execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
What you should have
- 10+ years in growth, performance marketing, or related role – including a minimum of 4 years of managing teams
- Experience within a software company is a requirement
- Proven track record in planning, designing and executing growth initiatives
- Adept with gathering, analyzing, and reporting on large data sets and experience with BI tools
- Experience growing and managing high performance teams, ideally with a global mindset
- A great storyteller with strong instincts toward user empathy, a quick grasp on identifying problem points, and a constant desire to build toward cohesive, unified solutions
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and method
- Passion for growth marketing, optimizing funnels, and Slack!
The base pay range targeted for this role is $176,667 to $206,000. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.