Sr. Software Engineer, Data
Sr. Software Engineer, Data
Slack is looking for data engineers to join our Data Engineering team! We in the data warehouse team build core datasets that used across the company to calculate metrics that are critical to the business.
In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with business domain partners, analytics, and engineering to design and implement our Data Warehouse model. You will design, build and scale data pipelines that transform billions of records into measurable data that enable insights.
You will work on initiatives and provide hands-on technical support to create impact across Slack by building and scaling our core data model and key company metrics.
You have strong technical skills, you are comfortable contributing to an up-and-coming data ecosystem, and you can build a strong data foundation for the company. You are a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at Slack!
What you will be doing
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different subject areas
- Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Work partner with product teams, data analysts and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data across multiple teams and different use cases
- Increase access to foundational company metrics through process and technical foundations
- Identify, document and promote data engineering standard methodologies throughout Slack
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Recent accomplishments working with relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- A proven track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Proven skills with either Python or Java programming language
- Familiar with data governance frameworks, SDLC, and Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to efficiently collaborate with technical and business partners
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark), which is a huge plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.