Customer Marketing Manager
Customer Marketing Manager
Slack is seeking a customer marketing manager to join our growing APAC marketing team. This key B2B marketing role is critical to our enterprise marketing efforts, and the focus is to understand, celebrate and share our customers’ success.
In this position, you'll become a resident expert on our enterprise customers, how they are using Slack and the value they’ve realized, and you’ll manage a program to deliver a steady stream of customer stories and references to support awareness, demand generation and sales cycles. Success will be a strong bench of customer references, deep customer relationships with Slack champions, and a library of use cases and customer case studies that tell the story of the value and power of Slack.
What you will be doing
Regional Customer Marketing
- Work with both regional and global marketing teams to build a regional-specific approach to customer marketing, leveraging global resources, content, tools and processes.
- In partnership with the APAC sales and marketing teams, articulate a customer marketing plan to drive increase in referenceable customers, referrals, cross-sell/up-sell opportunities, retention and loyalty.
- Build relationships with key APAC enterprise customers, working in partnership with the APAC Customer Success Managers, to uncover any region-specific needs.
- Define and manage the APAC end-to-end customer reference internal process, from nomination through to production (written case studies, videos, PR, customer presentations)
- Identify appropriate marketing channels (including events, PR, advertising, social media, etc) for distribution and amplification of customer stories.
Increase Customer Advocacy
- Engage with customers to agree to co-marketing, including building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions within those accounts to participate in advocacy activities (including case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer panels, peer-to-peer references, and comms).
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of APAC customer references and use the reference database to track customer advocacy participation. Manage reference status, document customer use cases, respond to Marketing and Sales requests, and cultivate new references for the program. Communicate status and manage expectations of the process with participating customers.
- Meet with customers to identify their success stories and document impact; use multiple sources of data to quantify the value of Slack and produce effective marketing assets to be leveraged in our highest priority marketing programs.
Customer Speakers and Events Partnership
- Partner with APAC Field & Partner Marketing and International PR teams to source a pipeline of customer speakers for local and regional events; support with speaker selection, prep, and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the engagement.
- Partner with the Customer Success team to host APAC Slack Champion events and activities
- Act as the “quarterback” to manage all cross-functional players involved in the sourcing, production, and approval of customer content; partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, the customer and their Comms team to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Closely monitor the program and identify opportunities to continuously optimize and scale customer engagement and advocacy efforts.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for communications, marketing or business
- 5+ years marketing experience (enterprise software preferred) with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Marketing)
- Track record of success in a fast-paced, sometimes hectic environment
- Technical knowledge of digital marketing tools and channels including marketing automation platforms
- Experience with PR and running flagship events is a plus
- Ability to write effective copy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation and sales processes
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.