Senior Software Engineer, Customer Experience Operations
At Slack, we consider outstanding customer support essential to our success. Customer Experience (CE) Operations plays a critical role in providing tools, processes, analytics, and educational programs for our global, industry-leading CE department.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the CE Operations team, you will develop and maintain a wide-range of internal tools and core systems for CE. We have a diverse set of challenges ahead of us and your technical problem-solving skills will play a crucial role.
You will collaborate closely with leadership, project managers, CE agents, and other partners to spec, build, test, and deploy solutions. You’ll approach each project with efficiency, quality, and scalability in mind.
What you will be doing
- Are you interested in utilizing a leadership mindset? You'll help shape the core operating principles of our growing team.
- Pursue and tackle difficult and ambiguous problems.
- Complete projects from start to finish, including time estimations, development, testing, documentation, and deployment.
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production.
- Utilize your strong knowledge of coding conventions to mentor and hold other members of the team accountable.
- Participate and contribute in stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives at the team level and up.
- Work collaboratively across other engineering organizations to ensure standard methodologies and processes are followed.
What you should have
- You care deeply and passionately about a customer's experience of our product and support, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Familiarity with PHP, Hack, React, and integrating with Zendesk’s APIs and other 3rd party platforms.
- You can lead technical discussions and reach decisions.
- You are skilled at giving timely, concise, effective feedback to teammates and peers.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You possess adept computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Curiosity about the latest technologies, research, and trends.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to other technical or non-technical team members is no problem for you.
- Exceptional written skills with a knack for user documentation.
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, empathy, and a desire to continually improve.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.