Sr. Engineer, Quality
Slack is looking for experienced and skilled Quality Engineers to join our team. We are looking for test professionals who enjoy continuously exploring and challenging the unknown unknowns that present themselves throughout the project lifecycle. This includes creating test strategies, evaluating epics and stories for risks and dependencies, creating and executing tests, defining regression strategies, identifying and investigating bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities.
Product development at Slack is split into teams of engineers, designers, and product managers working together on features. As a Quality Engineer at Slack, you would become a full-time member of one of these teams, focusing on just one or two projects at a time to ensure that we have a solid and well-executed test strategy before launching new features to the public.
What you should have:
- Deep understanding of software testing methodologies, techniques and test design thinking.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically in order to approach testing our applications and APIs applying multiple lenses and user perspectives.
- Improvisation and flexibility. We operate differently than other teams. Routinely visited QA processes won’t always work at Slack. Bring your bag of tricks.
- This is a communication heavy role. You must be effective an effective communicator both spoken and written.
- You are motivated by helping other engineers succeed. When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help analyze and fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- Experience with testing of native clients on desktop & mobile platforms (Android or iOS) utilizing both physical devices and running on simulators/emulators.
- Comfortable working with Unix and Git.
- Knowledge of any of the following automation frameworks is a plus, but not required: RSpec, Watir, Cypress.io or Nighwatch.js.
- Experience using mobile development tools is a plus, but not required: Xcode, Android Studio, Charles Proxy, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Work with a variety of cross-functional teams and stakeholders -- Engineering, Design, Product, Customer Experience -- to design, own, and execute evolving test strategies for new features and functionality.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test approaches for both new and existing features.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.