Solutions Engineer, Mid Market
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for creative, curious individuals with solid customer facing experience. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the sales process and a self-starter mentality. The SE role at Slack is a pre-sale focused role, and highly collaborative with Account Executives as well as Customer Success Managers. Successful SE’s possess a blend of business acumen and boundless curiosity. They will take a consultative approach to working with customers and focus on selling value, not features.
What you will be doing
- Partner with Account Executives on strategic accounts to help win deals
- Drive the discovery process, helping to unearth customer’s business objectives and current pains
- Deliver value based demonstrations highlighting our powerful platform ecosystem
- Conduct Proof Of Concepts where necessary to help customers validate technical requirements
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly changing and growing organization
- Act as a liaison between Product and Sales, funneling customer feedback to help shape the product roadmap
What you should have
- 3+ years of customer facing experience in sales engineering, consulting, or implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Technically curious, and a passion for changing the way people work
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.