Sr. Associate, Global Business Resiliency
Slack’s mission statement: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Therefore we operate with the highest level of integrity and kindness to ensure that we are amplifying these beliefs when conducting business and building relationships to carry out this culture. Our team motto is “nothing is someone else’s problem”.
As the Senior Associate, Global Business Resiliency, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analysis, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Other key responsibilities include planning, conducting, and debriefing regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. You will act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event. You will manage the overall business crisis management program, and emergency response standards, policies, and procedures. You will also work cross functionally with our preferred vendors and internal Slack Security partners to ensure business continuity and compliance with external and internal audits.
What you will be doing
- Direct the overall business continuity, physical security, and crisis management program, including planning, documentation, testing, and maintenance
- Lead key business functions to develop strategies, policies, technology, and standards to assess, communicate, measure, and report metrics of the Business Continuity program and continuous improvement
- Lead the development of and coordination with other regional and local crisis teams to ensure proper representation and understanding of program components, including emergency response, crisis communications, and operations resilience/recovery
- Design and implement readiness testing scenarios, protocols, and training modules
- Support business units in security and post-event recovery efforts by providing expertise and coordination; as well as recovery process frameworks and access to corporate resources
- Drive best practices to protect members, employees, and other assets during continuity, emergency, or physical security threats; ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Manage the emergency notification system and the execution of the security or business continuity plan in the event of a crisis
- Conduct risk assessments and business impact analysis, maintain business continuity and security plans
- Plan, develop, and deliver a comprehensive training and exercise program to develop capabilities within the enterprise and to test effectiveness of emergency preparedness programs
- Lead the Incident Management Team, define roles, develop the team’s communication channels, and define the tools available to them
- Partner with IT and business owners to plan, execute, and validate timely resumption of business operations, services, and functions through annual disaster recovery testing
What you should have
- Experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, emergency response and physical security within the public or private sector
- Excellent working knowledge of business continuity, physical security and crisis management programs, preferably experience implementing programs consistent with financial and compliance ISO standards
- Experience implementing business continuity metrics and maturity model
- Great understanding of business impact analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigations processes
- Experience responding to crisis and leading crisis management teams
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.