At Slack, the Workplace team conducts business and forms relationships to champion a welcoming environment for all employees and guests. We strive to maintain our global offices in a safe, aesthetic and clean condition for both employees and visitors. Our workplace motto is “never late to need" and we operate with the highest level of integrity and kindness to ensure we are amplifying these beliefs and to carry out this culture.
As a Workplace Coordinator, you will help oversee office operations at our EMEA headquarters at an optimum and organized execution standard of excellence. You will be committed to our operations being reflective of our happy, creative company culture. You are responsible for identifying and supporting all office needs, while anticipating future needs in a dedicated manner. Response times to requests need to be proficient and timely. Being dedicated, detail-oriented, and personable are the traits necessary for building successful vendor and customer relationships. You will assist with day-to-day operations, as well as assist in long term projects. You will be responsible for coordinating general office operations, providing excellent customer service.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You understand what is needed to operate an office smoothly: strong reception support, organized services, daily operations and are a knowledge base for workplace.
- You are a contact for daily office operations, upholding strict standards of service in building a world-class, supportive workplace, conducting daily space walk throughs and coordinating facilities support when needed.
- You manage the coordination of workplace services, ensuring services run seamlessly: ergonomic assessments; office supplies and inventory management; new hire onboarding; reception and guest check in; and internal and external events.
- You lead our reception team in best in class support, upholding strict security standards, and set standards. On occasion, you provide added coverage to the reception team as needed.
- You facilitate the efficient use of Slack's resources in support of office operations by adhering to operational expense budgeting, receipt reconciliation, and accounting processes.
- You support developing Workplace processes to improve efficiency and scaling Workplace operations regionally and globally.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in customer service, hospitality, or office assistance
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Event management background
- Project Management background
- Knowledge of working within budgets; AP/AR experience a plus
- Experience negotiating contracts with vendors and service providers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams
- Capable of working independently and a self-starter
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.