Account Executive, Enterprise (Education & Nonprofit)
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for an established sales professional with demonstrated success helping Higher Education Institutions and/or Nonprofits.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, we should talk.
We are searching for a highly motivated salesperson and problem solver to focus on our Education and Nonprofit programs. You will navigate the needs and requirements of these customers and prospects to extend Slack’s scale and adoption. You will champion these important customers and partner with internal teams to help define and mature our go-to-market strategy. You are an inventive self-starter who is comfortable with autonomy and passionate about helping mission-driven organizations.
What you will be doing
- You will lead the strategy and prioritization of work; targeting efforts towards Tier 1 EDU & NP customers
- Help educate customers and build new and exciting Slack use cases to showcase the platform’s capabilities
- Establish lasting relationships with executives while collecting referenceable customer stories
- Navigate decision makers to build Slack awareness within organizations
- You will uncover customer needs and collaborate with teammates to ensure customer success
- You will identify EDU & NP engagement and adoption trends to organize/escalate priorities appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate with members of Slack’s team to define and execute on program initiatives
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
What you should have
- 5+ years of Account Executive experience
- Relevant sales experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience navigating large Nonprofit and/or Education accounts
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities at a time at various stages of the buying process
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Takes an active interest in fostering customer happiness and deepening relationships
- Bachelor's degree required
- Travel required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.