Group Product Manager, Design Systems
10 million people use Slack every single day, and every single one of them uses our clients - in particular desktop and mobile. Slack is a new way of working that enables every organization to operate with more agility as a team. We're looking for a group product manager in Vancouver to focus on making it even easier to use Slack via every platform where Slack is available.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Developing a product strategy and vision that supports Slack users on mobile and desktop to better navigate and understand Slack
- Prioritizing and designing features for a variety of end users that span every type of knowledge worker in the world, in particular looking at the needs of emerging markets
- Building internal UI systems and functionalities that are leveraged by all teams at Slack
- Driving execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication
- Partnering with other product managers and designers on mobile development throughout the product, ensuring Slack is built with a mobile mindset on every feature
- Over time, you will build a team of product managers focused on mobile and desktop experience
What you should have
- Extensive experience on user-driven and/or consumer products, with particular focus and experience on mobile
- 5+ years PM experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills; ability to influence others and build alignment to a vision
- You have a real passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
- You have a track record of working with engineering and partner teams: people want to work with you again
- Management experience a plus
- Technical experience a plus
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.