Business Development Director
We’re looking for a seasoned alliances leader to expand the Japan partner ecosystem and lead a team of talented individuals. You will have deep, relevant experience building partner programs and managing/growing teams. Reporting to the Global Head of Alliances and Channels in the US, you will also be a member of the Slack Japan leadership team, and will be responsible for building upon the existing partner program foundation to establish a partner strategy with a rolling 2 year horizon. This is a building role and will require equal amounts strategy development, tactical execution and talent management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and evolve the Japan partner ecosystem strategy with a rolling 2 year horizon.
- Inform, build and scale SI, ISV and reseller partner programs
- Ensure that partners are a core part of the GTM strategy for Slack Japan
- Be a player coach where required, with the potential need to own key strategic partner relationships
- Hold a team quota for partner recruitment, sourced and influenced ACV and partner success.
- Work closely with success services, sales, product, developer relations, and other colleagues to grow the local ecosystem and drive Enterprise Customer Success
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, program requirements and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform partner programs and product roadmaps.
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience managing and building partner programs for Enterprise B2B SaaS companies
- 15+ years overall work experience
- 5+ years people management experience with a proven track record of talent development
- Previous direct sales experience at Enterprise SaaS company preferred
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience in enabling sales organizations to leverage partners
- Experience working with partner programs in their infancy
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.