Sr. Product Manager, Monitoring
Slack is seeking a Product Manager to own the Observability Infrastructure. You’ll be responsible for building a best-in-class monitoring experience for all of Slack’s internal stakeholders. You will also be responsible for ease of integration of Slack’s software to this infrastructure. You’ll need to gain a deep knowledge of Slack’s capabilities and rich understanding of internal customer needs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to talk to you.
What you will be doing
- Own end-to-end product plans and roadmap for features related to Observability at Slack.
- Define a 3-6-12 and two-year roadmap for your area
- Define and track success metrics
- Drive execution against the roadmap in collaboration with your Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient so we can deliver high-quality features to customers more quickly
- Partner with our research and analytics team to learn about users’ real experiences monitoring Slack and find opportunities to solve their problems
What you should have
- Experience building and delivering successful monitoring products.
- Good understanding of technologies such as Prometheus, Graphite, LogStash, etc.
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert for operational monitoring & insights
- Ability to work independently - you can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap with minimal oversight
- A committed desire to understand your customers
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.