Sr. Analyst, Sales Operations Quota and Capacity Planning
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for the company's annual and quarterly quota planning cycles, including building models, gathering data and insights, and presenting your recommendations directly to Sales and Finance leaders. This position will require developing a deep and intimate understanding of Slack’s business model and data architecture. Ability to win the hearts and minds of Sales Leaders and other cross-functional partners through a customer-centric “get things done” demeanor will be paramount for success in this role.
As Sr. Analyst, you will be joining Slack’s Sales Operations team to drive productivity and effectiveness of the Sales and Customer Success organization.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Advise Sales Leaders of impact of go-to-market decisions on sales teams' quotas
- Develop, own, and maintain quota models and reporting to help drive insights to Sales Leaders
- Partner with IT and Analytics to implement quota setting software as well as set up scalable workflows that maximize accuracy and efficiency
- Be a true business partner and advisor, not an order taker
- Ability and willingness to regularly take on ad hoc projects within the broader Sales Strategy and Operations sphere of influence
What you should have
- 5+ years of work experience; ideally a mix of professional services (top tier investment bank or management consulting firm) and relevant “in-house” roles (Sales Operations, Strategy and Analytics, or FP&A)
- B.S. in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering)
- Strong communicator with both peers and executives
- Excel expert and power user (familiarity with SQL and Salesforce CRM a big plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets and synthesize them into stories and slides
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.