HR Business Partner, Engineering
Slack is looking for an exceptional HR People Partner to join our growing People team and support our Engineering teams. You will design and implement people strategies and solutions, informed by data, to meet the current and future needs of your Engineering partners. Once ramped up, you will own dedicated client groups, run various people programs, and execute People administrative tasks as needed.
We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Serve as a functional People Partner within the Engineering organization, while collaborating with other People team members across the globe.
- Build new and iterate on existing people initiatives and programs, including performance management, recognition, talent planning, mobility, and more!
- Dedicatedly analyze people data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Work with partners in Total Rewards, L&D, D&I, Recruiting, and more to drive impactful people solutions.
- Coach and guide managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, benefits, employee relations & investigations, performance, career development, mobility, compensation, etc..
- Handle employee relations issues and investigations.
- Drive the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies.
What you should have
- Minimum of 5 years of HR/People experience as a People Partner or Generalist
- BA degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with Engineers and/or technical organizations
- Ability to collaborate and proactively communicate across locations
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Proven experience providing business insights to inform people strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.