Sales Strategy and Operations Manager, GTM Process
Slack is looking for a Manager who has exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills to join the Sales Strategy and Operations team. You’ll be at the center of connecting what the business needs with our IT teams that can deliver on those requests. Working with Sales and Customer Success and IT leadership, you will connect the dots, identify business improvement areas, and drive changes at the intersection of people, process, and technology. You will design and drive projects to improve and streamline our go-to-market execution and internal operations, leading cross-functional teams involving IT, sales management, operations and finance. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding and hands-on experience with sales operations, go-to-market systems (Salesforce, Gainsight, FinancialForce, etc.), and enterprise sales & customer success.
We are a team of strategic business partners focused on aligning company and go-to-market priorities with day-to-day operations. In supporting a broad portfolio of strategic projects, the team will drive major levers of change and run-the-business enhancements to improve our go-to-market business process and efficiency. We are looking for a leader to prioritize, own, and drive critical parts of the roadmap for our Sales and Customer Success organization.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help develop prioritized roadmap of run-the-business enhancements and optimizations to existing tools and related CRM integrations and functionality
- Connect business needs with go-to-market systems design and execution
- Drive critical projects and enhancements, interfacing with cross-functional stakeholders from IT, Sales Operations, Sales & Customer Success management, and Finance to ensure business objectives are met and projects are on time.
- Develop exceptionally effective relationships and regular communication with business partners - in a highly matrixed team environment.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and a key point of contact on tools and process within Sales Operations, participating in IT scrum meetings as a key input for IT execution
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience leading projects cross functionally within a global sales organization
- Sales operations experience with focus on partnering with IT and Systems teams
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud and CPQ as well as an understanding and experience with the broader sales tools landscape
- Strong communication skills and experience building relationships across the company
- Experience collaborating deeply with IT teams and operations teams
- Strong business judgement and project management skills
- Preferred experience with Gainsight, FinancialForce, or other related systems
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.