Sr. Manager, Global People Operations & HR Compliance
Slack’s People Operations team is looking for a globally-minded Sr. Manager to lead HR compliance operations. This role will manage a global team and will work closely with our Legal, Audit and Tax Departments. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
You have strong business acumen and broad people operations knowledge. You can translate guidance and decisions from our Legal and Audit teams into practical People team process requirements that you’ll then implement. You should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. You are a critical thinker who is naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Maintain inventory of known and emerging risks identified by Legal and aid in determining a course of action to remediate identified issues.
- Track employee count thresholds that trigger additional employer obligations and give Legal and Tax teams ample advance notice. Assist in developing an execution plan for when thresholds are met.
- Own completion of AAP, Vets-4212, EEO-1 and other required government reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of SOx, ISO and other HR audit controls designed to meet regulatory obligations, owning remediation plans, as required. Work with Audit to provide requested evidence.
- Lead the administration of training courses required to remain compliant with company policies and government regulations, as directed by Legal Department.
- Supervise the implementation of global health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that sound operational protocols and systems are in place to mitigate pay, time and attendance related risks.
- Consult on various types of employee communication and employment documentation with an operational lens. Ensure correct updates are made to employment documentation templates, as per Legal’s instruction, and provided to appropriate stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of global employee-related legislative and regulatory developments, and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices in partnership with the Legal and Tax Departments.
- Build and manage a healthy global team that collaborates with other People Ops pillars and with cross-functional partners to prioritize our employees.
- Lead other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
What you should have
- 7+ years of experience managing people team programs preferred, -- ideally with a focus on HR audit and compliance, HR policy, International HR, background check programs, or global mobility and some public company experience.
- Experience managing complex, global HR projects and operationalizing HR policies and strategy.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build strong relationships and become a trusted partner to relevant stakeholders.
- Aptitude for synthesizing information from external and internal experts and recommending a best course of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Track record of successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities; Able to navigate ambiguity and shift direction when priorities change.
- Skill in leading a team to do the best work of their careers while creating paths for growth. Global experience is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Slack strongly preferred.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.