Sr. Product Designer, Rimeto
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help craft the future of Slack. Designers serve a vital role here: from creating the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback, and have an excellent collection of animated gifs.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
What you'll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Build and iterate on features that drive an understanding of how to use Slack.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
- Interview new product designers and actively advise on our design hiring process.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Solid understanding of building usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience working with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially if you love to use emoji 😎)
- Bonus: Experience designing for iterative and experimental feature
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.