Manager, Experience Specialists
Slack is looking for an Experience Specialist Manager to lead a team of Experience consultants that support our customer implementations. This leader will accelerate the adoption of Slack with Enterprise customers by ensuring that each project facilitates the digital transformation and paradigm shift in how we work afforded by the Slack platform.
As part of our Sales and Customer Success team, Slack Experience Consultants work with our largest and most strategic customers to design and prepare people for new ways of working, increase product adoption, and elevate the maturity of Slack usage across the Enterprise. Experience Specialists conduct focus groups, interviews, and use other design thinking methods to understand critical communications and workflows that will be migrated to Slack. They perform current state (e.g., readiness) assessments for the shift to the Collaboration platform, which is foundational for the launch plan and sequencing.
As part of the Professional Services team, Slack Experience Specialists work with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Architects, Enterprise Learning leads and other cross-functional teams to deploy Slack to large enterprises. They focus on the employee experience by enabling teams to launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely, and realize significant business value.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with Success Services leadership to define and build out the Experience function, capabilities, and methodology within the Services organization
- Support go-to-market function to scope projects and build statements of work that meet the needs of the customer through the capabilities of the Experience team
- Define and develop new offerings that are valuable for customers based on market demand and Experience team capabilities
- Improve value realized from Slack on services engagements, and identify ways to position further engagements as needed
- Identify new ways the Slack platform can innovate and transform our customers business
- Build internal capabilities for the Experience team to ensure consistency in delivery methodology
- Support the building of the Experience brand, role differentiation, and expertise in implementing Slack
- Hire, manage, and develop other experience specialists on customer projects
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional programs for Customer Success and beyond
- Oversee a portfolio of projects for the experience function and ensuring objectives are met, managing escalations, and positioning future delivery work
- Coach experience specialists on their projects, and step in to deliver on projects as necessary in a billable role
What you should have:
- 10+ years business process transformation and/or change management experience (preferably within a SaaS environment)
- 2+ years of management experience (preferably within a SaaS environment)
- Experience in end-to-end system implementations
- Excellent consultative and communication skills both with customers and with internal partners
- Proven track record resolving issues and risks in a cross-functional and collaborative way
- Respected for your ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strategic thinker and problem solver focused on customer success
- Ability to present and have discussions at the C-level
- Operational experience building out functions and programs
- Ambitious, hardworking leader with creative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Success in building and leading teams of both junior and experienced resources
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.