Sr. Animator, Motion Graphics
Slack is hiring a Senior Motion Graphics Designer/Animator to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, video producers, and writers on our Creative team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits. We are looking for an animator that is great at storytelling, creative thinking, and has strong collaboration skills.
If you believe that some of the best solutions are the most subtle, that there’s inherent emotion in motion, and that you can build confidence through showing vs. telling, then don’t hesitate to say hello!
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the creative team to scale and amplify the Slack brand in new and innovative ways across our marketing channels (web, email, social, and paid digital), at Slack events, and in video.
- Produce a wide range of animation and motion content for social media, campaigns, and product UI overviews.
- Take lead on projects from concept to delivery—storyboard, design, animation, feedback, QA, and production.
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners (marketing, engineering, customer experience, and brand to name a few) to bring engaging narratives to life through technical motion design projects
- Work with agencies and external partners to lead motion concepts and UI designs, while maintaining brand strategy and identity.
- Communicate clearly and often. Involve key partners to make critical decisions.
- Bring a level of clarity and understanding to Slack, the product, through instructional videos and GIFs
- Mentor other animators on the team
What you should have
- 8+ years of extensive and relevant work experience on a creative team, either in-house or agency
- An outstanding portfolio with a proven foundation in motion design, storytelling, creative strategy, and concept ideation
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with marketing teams to develop the strategy, implementation, and rationale for project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in After Effects, proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere
- Figma knowledge is a plus
- Ability to take ownership of large multichannel projects from start to finish
- A prior knowledge of Slack and how it works is a bonus
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.