Sr. Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
Senior Technical Program Management, Infrastructure
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for our Infrastructure Group.
Slack is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our Infrastructure Group. As Slack’s data grows, the Infrastructure Engineering Group aims to provide the best blend of the tools and technologies that will strengthen the efficiency and dependability and scalability of our compute platforms and services. As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our Cloud Platform, Site Reliability and Messaging Infrastructure as well as making our user experience interacting with our services more efficient, pleasant and productive. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role can be based out of an office or remote.
What you will be doing
- Working cross functionally across the Infrastructure Group, you will align, unblock and enable Reliability and Core Infrastructure to deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve our service deployment/orchestration platform and drive the program and process for Disaster Readiness.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
- Leverage internal data warehouse and visualization tools to identify gaps, track progress and inform data backed program decisions
- Represent Slack in large forums and drive issue resolution with broader community
- Act as primary driver of long term programs running longer than 6 months. Responsible for generating a roadmap and execution vision for the team.
- Drive predictable multi-stakeholder execution with little oversight. Ensure high quality specs from teams and capable of identifying gaps, unblocking issues, driving alignment between groups.
- Become a strong influencer with credibility with peers and stakeholders, capable of building productive, trusting relationships with partners, autonomously.
- Act as a mentor to other TPMs and partners driving similar work.
What you should have
- You have a strong knowledge of Cloud based Infrastructure and service deployment platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Understanding of Site Reliability and Disaster Readiness processes.
- Proficient in Git, Github, AWS Infrastructure, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Understanding of incidence response processes and experience scaling programs to support incident response processes
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $122,900. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.”
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.