Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Expertise building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
Bonus points if you have experience with
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Accessibility, internationalization, or localization
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.