Sr. Manager Internal Audit, Technology
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit - Technology will be a key part of our newly created internal Audit function. This person will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will work directly with key business stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, BizTech, Risk and Compliance teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who thrives on building companies and enjoys working in an exciting and evolving environment.
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent and objective function that helps Slack accomplish its objectives through independent reviews and assessments. We are highly collaborative, productive and results driven. Specifically, we evaluate and provide recommendations to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of Slack’s processes, information systems, and underlying internal control environment. We also bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Slack’s governance and risk management processes.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Co-lead and oversee IT SOX compliance and IT internal audits in accordance with standards and expectations set in the internal audit charter.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure documentation is updated for scoping, testing and remediation.
- Assess audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses. Assist business partners with the development of management action plans.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of audit work and the SOX compliance program.
- Participate in pre- and post- implementation system reviews and perform internal readiness assessments as needed.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Lead in the development and execution of the Enterprise Risk Assessment for IT and Technology areas.
- Lead other IT, Technology or operational audit projects and initiatives as identified through the Enterprise Risk Assessment process.
- Conduct cybersecurity risk reviews and controls assessments to ensure our processes are consistent with industry leading practices.
What you should have
- 8-10+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting firms) experience in IT audit and SOX program management, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- BA/BS in Information Systems or Technology, Finance, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Professional audit relevant certification - CISA, CISSP, or CPA.
- Experience in evaluating controls associated with cloud based systems (e.g. Workday, AWS, Salesforce) and ability to understand and navigate complex home-grown systems.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to discuss technical concepts to other stakeholders in a simple but informative manner.
- Knowledge of COSO, ISO27001, ISO27018 and other related frameworks a plus.
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.