Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek extraordinary talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. While customers realize value at different stages in their journey with Slack, the renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough to celebrate and reflect on the past while also planning for the future. To lead this initiative, we are searching for an extraordinary Renewal Manager. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers) to ensure that value is realized, and that the customer are set up for continued success with Slack.
- You will own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the account team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships
- You will actively engage with key decision makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- You will maintain and report an accurate rolling 90 day forecast of renewals in your territory
- You will negotiate and execute renewal contracts (in partnership with legal) that align to customer goals
- You will discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth
- You will communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate
- You will serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- You will set customers up for future success by curating use-case recommendations and educating customers on relevant new features and opportunities to grow with Slack
- 3+ years of Quota Carrying experience (e.g., Renewals, Enterprise Sales, Account Management) in a SaaS organization
- Shown discovery, negotiation and closing skills
- Experience handling a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.