Staff Software Engineer, Release
Slack is looking for engineers to design and build automated solutions to improve current systems and build a next-generation platform for deploying and release.
Slack engineers rely on the development/release platform to execute automated workflows for releasing high-quality software. We partner with lots of teams across Slack to help build various clients and applications. The person coming in on this position will help design and build tools/platforms for continuous delivery. This could be an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in working in a collaborative team to solve interesting and challenging problems. We are looking to build on a solid foundation of fast and reliable deploy/release tools and scale them to continue to work seamlessly in the future.
What we do:
- We are responsible for improving developer productivity with a focus on building an automated, fast and reliable continuous deployment and release platform.
Projects you might work on:
- Automate manual steps and help build workflows for the deployment pipeline.
- Platform/tooling that supports the continuous deployment needs of Slack developers.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have experience building highly scalable, reliable internal platform and tools.
- You are an excellent team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- You have experience with Continuous delivery and deployment systems.
- You are a constant learner who is looking to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- You have strong software engineering skills and love solving complex problems.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages.
- Background and experience in AWS, GCE or Azure are desirable.
- A definite plus if you have experience with any/all of the following tools: Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Hashicorp.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.