Senior Quality Engineer
Slack is looking for experienced and skilled Staff Quality Engineers who enjoy continuously exploring and challenging the unknown unknowns that present themselves throughout the project lifecycle. We are the experts in user experience testing, driving quality toward “what is best for the user”, advocating strongly for bug fixes where customers are noticeably impacted and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities to champion quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Product development at Slack is split into teams of engineers, designers, and product managers working together on features. As a Staff Quality Engineer at Slack, you will be a strategic partner to our business and are expected to play a role as a mentor, collaborator and leader in the quality organization.
What you should have:
- Extensive experience delivering quality on SAAS or customer-facing products in a dynamic and scaling environment.
- Ability to execute test plans while proactively identifying and implementing improvements to long term testing strategies.
- Experience acting as a quality advisor beyond the scope of your day to day work, advising testing strategies across teams or organizations.
- Experience mentoring other quality engineers to grow their skill sets and promote strategic initiatives.
- Experience with testing of native clients and desktop applications on desktop and mobile platforms (Android or iOS) utilizing both physical devices and running on simulators/emulators.
- Experience working with Unix and Git.
- Experience using mobile development tools: Xcode, Android Studio, Charles Proxy, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Work with a variety of teams — Engineering, Design, Product, Customer Experience — to design and own test strategies for new features and functionality, enabling quality from the beginning.
- Act as SME for features areas within Slack’s products, identifying and influencing test approach and execution.
- Partner with the Customer Experience team to continuously challenge our test strategies against most recent customer data before launching.
- Providing valuable and constructive feedback to improve the quality organization.
- Drive product quality leveraging metrics that align with company goals.
- Help build and implement a shared vision of Quality for the product that resonates across the whole team.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.