Business Intelligence Solutions Architect
Slack is looking for a BI Solutions Architect to join our Business Technology Data and Analytics Team to help drive scalable data and analytics solutions that create trusted data sets and reporting across our business users. This person will love to be hands-on, love to solve challenges, and assume high accountability through the delivery of strategic technology solutions. You will have deep technical skills to complement your analytical experience, and take a systems thinking approach to solving problems across BI platform. You will collaborate across teams and be passionate about having a huge impact on a growing team.
What you will be doing
- Provide architectural guidance and technology recommendations that support the development and implementation of data initiatives based on common delivery of highly sophisticated and/or multiple projects.
- Build a scalable and consistent LookML models that are flexible to accommodate existing and new analytics looker users and projects.
- Develop standard development guidelines that can be used across the platform that creates a unified user experience.
- Work closely with Slack on Slack team in evaluating Slack features and building bot functionality to automate metrics directly into Slack.
- Design, build and automate key business metrics into one visualization to tell a story.
- Develop and publish usage patterns, define SLAs, establish guidelines, ensure proactive monitoring and track adoption.
- Strong vendor management skills, capable of partnering with vendor to understand and influence their product roadmap, and collaborate with the broader user groups and communities
- Develop processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization.
What you should have
- 8 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience with a Master's Degree with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar tools. LookML experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or a related area).
- Experience working with Data Engineering teams. Advanced SQL expertise is required.
- Proficiency in programming language (python)
- Experience in BI Tool access control and approval workflows for access control.
- Knowledge of cloud tools like Salesforce, AWS, Snowflake, Google Cloud is recommended.
- Proven ability to architect, estimate and lead projects end-to-end to meet business partner prioritization.
- Hands on experience in Looker administration, including security configuration. Implementation of role based access controls is a plus.
- Knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems, SQL and data analysis tools
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows.
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to lead small technology projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others towards the same outcome and get results!
- Ability to learn technologies quickly through instruction and self-training
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.