Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer, Business Technology
Slack is looking for IT Infrastructure Engineers to design and build solutions focused on delivering a first-in-class experience for our employees. The Business Technology Engineering team builds, runs, and supports the core infrastructure that enables Slack employees to have a simple, pleasant, and productive experience at work.
This role will primarily focus on Slack’s internal cloud infrastructure systems - everything from building scalable user access processes to providing on-call support for critical production environments.
You are a hardworking self-starter with an ability to navigate a constantly evolving landscape. You enjoy and excel at crafting innovative and scalable infrastructure as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative!
As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Work with the IT Infrastructure Engineering team to help plan, build, and maintain systems and services running within Slack’s Business Technology cloud environments.
- Provide on-call support, critical issue remediation, and incident response for core infrastructure services.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to deploy services to cloud environments. Formulate requirements and select appropriate technology and platform (eg. low-code integration, Platform-as-a-Service, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service). Provide support to ensure the solution is deployed securely and efficiently.
- Build automation to reduce workload for routine tasks and assist with security and audit requirements.
- Spec, deploy, and maintain internal tooling such as centralized logging, monitoring/alerting, and configuration management.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure providers, specifically Amazon Web Services and Heroku.
- Have strong familiarity with Chef, Terraform, Linux system administration, and integrating with RESTful API web services.
- Have experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
- Know the importance of documentation and have a track record of writing clear and concise specifications and runbooks.
- Have worked to transform environments to “Infrastructure as Code” and templated and automated routine work.
- Have set up and deployed redundant logging, monitoring, and alerting systems for critical infrastructure.
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft or other integration platforms
- Experience handling ITGC/SOX audit requirements across multiple information systems.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python, or Go
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.