Regional Workplace Manager
Slack is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Workplace Operations for the Americas region. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you will lead and mentor a team of Workplace Managers across the offices based in the Americas. You will have demonstrated industry knowledge of workplace and facilities operations focused on providing exceptional service experience to our employees. Experience with distributed workforce is a plus.
The right candidate will have a strong ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on mission critical operational programs spanning legal, IT, Finance, People, Internal Communications and other interdependent teams. You will be highly organized, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios and believe in the power of collaboration to drive superior results on teams.
What you will be doing
- Lead & mentor your team as they work through challenges and promote an environment that encourages them to continuously excel & improve.
- Create a repeatable framework or playbook for maintenance and operations that ensures our amazing workplaces will operate at the highest functionality possible.
- Closely align with internal stakeholders,including business process owners and colleagues across Real Estate, Build & Design, People, Legal and Security.
- Responsible for the management of vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial review, conducting RFP’s, and assuring performance of the team, including service providers.
- Work very closely with senior leaders to deliver all workplace related services with the utmost level of customer service and attention to detail.
- Own OpEx budgets and deliver results within articulated targets.
What you should have
- 10+ years Workplace and/or Real Estate experience leading teams of people across many regions
- Demonstrated significant experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring a geographically dispersed team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen
- Experience engaging with executives
- Experience working in global cross-functional teams
- Communicator with analytical skills
- BA/BS degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.