Group Product Manager, Productivity
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. By connecting the right people, at the right time, in the right place, with the right tools, Slack drives alignment and accelerates the pace of work— while enabling teams to collaborate in a fuller and more human way.
Slack's Productivity Experiences team sits at the forefront of this mission, driving efficiencies in how teams leverage their everyday tools—from email and files to calendar, tasks and calls—in a way that's effortless, delightful, and seamlessly integrated into Slack. We're seeking a group product manager to lead a productivity segment and a cross-functional team to execute on a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and define “the new way of work”.
We’re looking for someone who can take an audacious goal in a broad field of productivity and devise a vision, strategy, and plan they will execute in collaboration with their design, engineering, and research partners.The role requires someone comfortable with operating in a highly dynamic environment, who thrives on navigating ambiguity and solving complex problems. The product manager is the glue between engineering, design, and both internal and external stakeholders.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the 1~2 year product vision and strategy for how teams and individuals better prioritize, organize, and get their work done.
- Relied upon by senior leadership as a domain expert in the field of productivity, often presenting to executives your product strategy, execution progress, and contribution to company-wide success metrics.
- You will not have a team to manage directly, but will lead a cross-functional team.
- Help cross-functional partners, and senior leaders to be aware of down-stream risks and dependencies to be mitigated.
- Synthesize customer needs, industry trends, and data to think deeply to create strategies and plans to take us into white-space territory.
- Comfortable learning quickly, prototyping rapidly, and shipping incrementally as you discover and find product-market fit.
What you should have
- A senior technical product leader with a pragmatic, strategic approach to problem-solving with a strong product intuition.
- A customer-centric and have demonstrated examples of successfully delivering compelling user features in the productivity space.
- An execution-focused mindset and can appropriately prioritize and manage conflicting requirements.
- A proven ability to establish credibility at the executive level and have experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders.
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across teams and organizations to generate and execute solutions.
- Strong technically and have a track record of successfully delivering innovative solutions resulting in rapid adoption by users.
- Approach complex challenges methodically, building decision making frameworks founded on qualitative and quantitative data.
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent experience is recommended
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of developer or designer experience.
- Productivity software experience in user-facing products strongly preferred.
- Passion about Slack and the problems we are solving.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.