Manager, Customer Experience
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Our team's top priority is to ensure customers are successful and that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a Customer Experience Manager in our team based in Tokyo, Japan, you will lead and grow a team responsible for bringing Slack’s legendary customer support to our customers. You will participate as a strategist and mentor, helping your team remove every barrier to work transformation a customer may face.
This role requires strong leadership, time-management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, you will have a team of hardworking individuals looking for your guidance and mentorship to help them reach their goals and grow in their own careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your outstanding character, passion, and understanding of how to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and encourage your team. You will implement solutions to improve inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide personalized and proactive support to agents and our global customers.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to achieve their goals.
- Inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- Work with the regional management teams to forecast, hire, retain, and support a distributed team that loves coming to work every single day.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Slack to advocate for the best customer experience possible.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the Global Customer Experience Team.
- Be responsible for and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service.
What you should have:
- Experience building, leading, and running a regional/distributed team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- A genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- Prior experience leading customer support for a SaaS-based web application or within an industry where customer care and service is essential.
- Experience collaborating with peers and forming agreements across cross-functional teams both regionally and globally.
- A bias for action and execute at a high level, while holding your team accountable for results.
- A sharp eye for identifying areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and balanced solutions to benefit the team.
- Skill explaining problems succinctly and clearly.
- Strong, confident, and exacting written and speaking skills. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of partners.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English.
- You are able to work in Tokyo, Japan.
- You are available to work assigned shift rotations as needed, in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.