Slack is on a mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for an editor to join our fast-growing Marketing organization in San Francisco or remote.
We seek a skilled, curious marketer, editor and wordsmith to build persona-based content for a B2B enterprise audience. This role requires outstanding editorial, project management and interpersonal skills. You’re a big-picture content strategist but still obsess over the little details that make a piece of content shine. You strive to create content that’s human and relatable, striking corporate jargon from copy without mercy. You’re eager to build subject-matter expertise that supports the growth of our company.
Content marketing is a critical driver of growth for Slack’s business, and our editors are an essential part of that strategy, from producing content for our award-winning blog to developing in-depth case studies, data-driven reports and marketing materials that enable our sales team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop a persona-specific content journey across every digital touchpoint, including our blog, sales kits, case studies, reports, and email outreach.
- Brainstorm innovative content ideas and new outlets for disseminating them.
- Be a great partner and production timelines with staff and freelance writers.
- Jump in and write content as needed.
- Assist with always-on marketing initiatives, including partner marketing content, customer stories and new product/feature announcements.
- Maintain an editorial calendar to keep stakeholders informed of upcoming content.
- Work with a highly cross-functional team, including product marketing, solutions marketing and sales enablement, to ensure that content captures target messaging and core value propositions.
- Exhibit deep audience empathy. Ensure that every piece of content brings value to its intended audience, whether that’s external customers or internal sales teams.
- Quantitatively track and measure content performance and adjust strategy to meet business goals.
- Manage the content production process from end to end, including working with internal teams on art assets, social promotion and sales enablement.
- Learn, maintain and develop the voice of Slack. At Slack, we strive to avoid “marketing speak” and communicate in a way that is clear, concise and human.
What you should have
- 5-7 years of experience editing and writing high-quality content in the form of bylined articles, landing page copy, sales enablement materials, e-books, case studies, SEO content and more.
- Outstanding communication, prioritization, project- and time-management skills. You are a strategic problem solver with an eagle eye for detail.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally on integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience writing persona-driven demand generation and/or product marketing content.
- Strong preference for journalistic background and prior B2B SaaS experience.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.