Sr. Content Designer, Enterprise
Hi there! Slack is looking for an experienced content designer to work closely with our Enterprise team, building simple, pleasant, and productive experiences for people at large companies and in regulated industries. If you excel at delving into the nuances of complex problems, love creating content systems to help solve them, and can make any microcopy sound clear and human — please get in touch.
A bit about Content Design at Slack: We’re part of the Product Design group, and we work to make sure Slack sounds human. We’re a smallish (but growing!) team, and we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best UX writers and thinkers we can be. We care about wit and deftness with tone, but we care most of all about clarity and helping users get things done. We have strong feelings (oh, do we) about sentence case and exclamation marks — and we’d love to hear yours.
What you’ll be doing
- Own product copy and content strategy for the Enterprise product area, including user profiles, data insights, and admin tools.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data and customer insights to guide your work and advocate for it.
- Partner with Product Marketing, UX Research, Product Management, and other cross-functional colleagues to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for Enterprise features.
- Help improve and implement processes, resources, and standards for the Content Design team.
- Be an active and available peer mentor for other writers, and contribute to our positive and collaborative team culture.
What you should have
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content design, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience creating style guides, content standards, or related artifacts to help others write successfully.
- Ability to track the impact of your work across multiple teams and to proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Experience advocating for content and design and driving projects forward.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
- 4+ years of industry experience.*
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed — regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 15+ years of experience? Awesome! Please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Send us your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $134,167-$161,000. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.