Sr. Learning Design Consultant
Can you make learning interesting and exciting? Can you meet the learning needs of enterprise customers in empathetic and creative ways? Are you an organized learning professional who thrives when crafting and developing learning? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for a Learning Experience Designer to work closely with our professional services team, with a focus on enterprise clients. For this role, we’re looking for a creative and polished learning experience designer with experience ideating, designing, and developing content. Your goal is to accelerate the adoption of Slack by ensuring that our customers of various sizes and industries can take advantage of the benefits provided by Slack, through high-touch or scalable delivery.
You’ll play a meaningful role in designing and developing compelling self-serve and customizable content across a broad range of users, teams, and geographies through formats such as virtual instructor-led training, self-paced e-learning, video job aids, certification learning paths, assessments, and train the trainer programs.
What you'll be doing
- Curate and create reusable content for customer onboarding, learning paths, and certifications
- Design and develop written, video, and interactive content for self-service and instructor-led, tailored delivery
- Identify and fill gaps in our content and learning materials
- Deeply empathize with the challenge our enterprise customers face to turn those challenges into opportunities for delightful education
- Use brain-friendly instructional strategies to create content
- Test early and often, with a bias toward action and learning
- Continuously improve existing training content
What you should have
- You have experience designing and developing learning solutions, ideally for enterprise customers
- You’re confident, and you easily build relationships with stakeholders.
- You’re a strong and exacting instructional designer. You know which protocols to use to ensure that people learn effectively.
- You are also a discerning editor. You know exactly how to make a learning experience clear and concise.
- You’re comfortable with instructional design methodologies and familiar with common tools for design, authoring, and video creation.
- You look at problems sideways: You’re constantly on the lookout for new ways to deliver education to our customers and can speak to examples of product education experiences that you find particularly compelling, and why.
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are dedicated in sharing knowledge with others.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- 4-8 years of experience designing learning for corporate or customer audiences
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.