Content Strategist, Help & Learning
Help & Learning at Slack
The Help & Learning team is essential to the company's success. We’re committed to helping our customers learn Slack through innovative and delightful support and education experiences — our team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. The companies — and users — that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication continue to grow and evolve, and we work hard to provide the best support experience possible.
Slack is hiring a Content Strategist to create compelling new help and learning content for our Help Center and educational resources, manage and improve our existing content, and help us be a world-class content team. We want to provide our customers with the most delightful, human-friendly help experience possible, and our Help Center and educational resources are a crucial part of our overall customer support strategy as our user base grows.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly, be familiar with metrics used to track content performance, and be able to think strategically about help and learning content and its role in the customer lifecycle. The person in this role will collaborate with team members across our organization to write and edit educational content, plus help with the content strategy for our status site, interactive tutorials, and other projects — all to make sure Slack’s customers have the best experience possible.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create delightfully helpful content explaining Slack’s new features and develop guides for new users full of useful tips and tricks.
- Keep our help and learning resources current and accurate: prepare updates to existing help content for every product change.
- Continually refine and improve content based on feedback and analytics.
- Work closely with other members of Slack’s Help & Learning team to develop and execute our data-informed content strategy.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with key members of other teams at Slack, and collaborate on content needs.
What You Should Have
- Minimum two years writing content for web experiences. Previous experience with help writing, content management, and information architecture is a plus.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Strong, confident, and exacting writing. You can explain complex concepts succinctly and clearly.
- A keen eye for content design. You can make any lengthy, rambling document concise and human-friendly.
- Strong editing skills (in particular, making text shorter, friendlier, and easier to understand).
- Genuine passion about the opportunity to create a world-class help experience. Background in (and enthusiasm for) customer support or user education is preferred.
- Knowledge related to Enterprise customer needs and trends is an asset.
- An interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and in making data-informed improvements.
- Sharp judgement when prioritizing tasks and a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Ability to recognize when something is over your head, and willingness to ask for help.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Light image editing skills.
- Perspicuity in all things.
- Impeccable taste in emoji. There, we said it!
- You are able to work with us in our Vancouver office or remotely in British Columbia.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We have offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto, Denver and India.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.