Business Development Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help our partners grow and to help our cross-functional team work smarter. You will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic partners across the marketing software ecosystem. Ideally, you are passionate about Platforms and enjoy helping users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. A little bit more about you - you treat partners with courtesy and find delight in building successful businesses (for both our partners and Slack).
What you will be doing:
- Drive adoption of Slack’s platform among companies offering software products and services to businesses and business users
- Own the growth of Slack’s B2B partner ecosystem while facilitating product and platform collaboration between partners and internal product teams
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, trends, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans that demonstrate a compelling value proposition for both parties
What you should have:
- 4+ years of relevant business development experience in cloud services or SaaS; background in marketing software partnerships or product management is a plus
- 8+ years overall work experience
- Passion about Slack, our platform and the problem we are solving
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with great attention to detail
- A collaborative self-starter and thought leader who drives business forward and keeps our team ahead of trends
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Exceptional presentation and succinct communication skills with the ability to respond actionably to complex issues, both internally at Slack and externally with partners.
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.