Sr. Account Executive, Large Enterprise
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our sales team and focus on Large Enterprise customers in Bangalore, India. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same. You will be responsible for driving sales opportunities with prospective customers as well as expanding business within existing accounts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide for using Slack most effectively. You'll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback.
If you're an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should talk!
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout their adoption cycle
- Build Slack awareness at all levels of an organization
- Identify customer needs to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team (solutions engineers, customer success managers, leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- Handle all customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to key accounts
What you should have:
- 8+ years of Enterprise Account Executive experience
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some travel required
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.