Director, Sales Development
We are searching for an exceptional and experienced Director of Sales Development to substantially scale Slack’s inside sales organization. From day one, this leader will directly oversee managers and individual contributors across San Francisco, Denver, and Toronto. This is a role for highly experienced sales leaders, accustomed to building sales organizations at scale.
The Director of Sales Development will set team goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with other senior leaders across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Experience. This person will drive strategy and communication for the fastest growing division of the sales organization. The right candidate possesses domain expertise of Enterprise SaaS business models, particularly connection points between sales, marketing and product. As a key leader on the Sales Leadership team, the Director of Sales Development will have a critical impact to the inner workings of our rapidly growing sales organization, and the strategies, processes and systems that support its growth. The ability to present data-driven narratives and influence leadership is very important in this role.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product and Customer Experience to execute Slack’s go-to-market strategy for pipeline generation and new logo acquisition
- Coach and hire a team of managers who, in turn, will build high-performing sales development teams
- Define critical drivers of success and design playbooks, career paths, and appropriate measurements for the sales development organization
- Utilize quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- Help build a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work
What you should have
- 5+ years of second-line management experience
- 7+ years of experience in building & scaling sales development organizations
- Desire to lead, coach, and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Strong communication skills - this role will require consistent communication with leaders across Slack’s sales, marketing, customer experience and business operations organizations
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
- Willingness to travel to other office locations
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.