Senior Engineering Manager, Client Engineering
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the Client Capabilities team. This cross-functional team is responsible for the product architecture and UI components of our Android, iOS and Desktop apps. In addition to leading the growth and output of the Client Capabilities team, the manager of this team will work closely with other engineering managers, product managers and designers to define and drive best practices across all of our platforms.
The capabilities team makes cross-cutting changes that span across all or multiple product features in Slack. You’ll accomplish this by shipping new functionality, building shared components, and helping to shepherd the overall app architecture. Your code will enable safer, faster development of more sophisticated features in the Slack clients. Use your deep understanding of building and scaling teams and applications to make the Slack experience the best it can possibly be.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the Android and iOS clients
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Several years of serving in an engineering management role
- Experience shipping mobile and web applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.