Procurement Ops Specialist
Slack is looking for a customer focused, detailed oriented Procurement Operations Specialist to join our Procure-to-Pay team in Denver.
You will be responsible for providing day to day order management and support for the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) team as well as execute on the team’s strategy, organizational goals, policies, and processes covering the scope outlined below. You will partner with internal teams and external vendors in understanding and refining our P2P experience. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization.
Above all else, you are focused on delivering a simple procure to pay experience that makes our internal Customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you'll be doing
- Order Management
- Manage purchase requests and supplier setups
- Partner with accounts payable to streamline the Procure-to-Pay process
- Drive the implementation and adoption of our procurement solutions
- Manage accruals due diligence to aid Accounting in the monthly close process
- Support our procurement compliance processes; purchase requests; purchase approvals; and orders, to ensure audit compliance; high data quality especially around general ledger coding; and all matters impacting accruals
- Develop deep knowledge of business needs and recommend continuous improvement around procurement processes and systems
- Challenge our suppliers, employees, and profession to enable a simple Procure-to-Pay process
- Partner with Security, Business Technology, and Legal teams to facilitate new supplier screenings
- Work with our Supplier Community to drive automation and to improve supplier performance
- Manage and maintain the relationship between the internal customers and vendors while focusing on growing positive relationships with our suppliers
- Basic knowledge of markets, commodities, and products, with the ability to apply basic procurement processes in search of best value.
- Basic knowledge of Negotiation techniques and tactics.
- Build and maintain Procure-to-Pay dashboard and metrics
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or related fields
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent internal relationship building skills – your ability to partner with other parts of the organization will be critical to your success
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiarity with the budgeting and financial close processes
- Technical knowledge of systems such as Coupa and Workday preferred
- BA/BS degree or related work experience
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.