Technical Producer, BizTech Media Productions
As a Technical Producer on the BizTech Media Productions team, you will help execute on live events and broadcasts hosted at Slack. Using your deep understanding of the live production environment and acute sense for the flow of a broadcast, you will successfully complete all projects that come your way. Your strong work ethic, your ability to recognize the importance of all phases of production, in addition to your keen artistic eye, will push quality of all productions to the next highest level.
In this role, you will report to the Manager of Media Productions based in San Francisco. The team provides the technology and BizTech support that makes our employees more productive including, but not limited to, video conferencing, live event support, video production, post-production, digital signage, way finding kiosks, SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools. BizTech is positioned in a prime spot to serve as customer zero for many of our products. With this being the case, we are continuously thinking of creative ways to use Slack to improve and enhance the product in new ways.
- Provide high quality support for all event levels within the Slack Event, Training & Studio spaces as well as remote location setups for live events.
- Masterful understanding of audio and video signal flow.
- Expert competency in multi-destination program switching (In room, broadcasts, video conferencing, records, etc). Highly comfortable operating as technical director and or video switch operator.
- Sophisticated understanding of production flow with an ability to adapt quickly as the content of the show changes organically.
- Ability to step into other production roles as needed (Audio Console, Stream Eng, Cam operator, Video Conferencing operator, Graphics Operator, etc).
- Creation of still and motion graphics for broadcast (Bumpers, transitions, lower 3rds, bugs, watermarks, etc)
- Light post-production skills for live broadcast fixes.
- Comfortable with managing and working with production crews, in- house and outsourced.
- Working directly with clients to define show requirements and gather production elements.
- Management of video conferencing platform (Zoom). Triage of issues, patching and testing.
- Adept at creating educational material for the production environment and cross training other staff members at various proficiency levels.
- Work closely with the team to define a multitude of workflows and system configs to help define a playbook to ensure consistency across all productions.
- 6+ years in media production roles, specifically focused on live broadcast.
- Experience working on systems located across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- BA/BS, or relevant experience, is required.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to others comes easy to you.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.