Administrative Assistant - Business Technology & Accounting
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is looking for a rockstar Administrative Assistant to work alongside members of our Executive Team. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
What you will be doing
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for our VP of Business Technology & IT, and our VP of Accounting, as well as occasional light support for their rapidly-growing teams
- Be a need-filler - anticipating what is required to make a busy team successful. From grabbing lunch on busy days to identifying conflicts, no task is too small.
- Manage the coordination of internal and external meetings and interviews, including calendaring and conference room booking
- Assist in planning team offsites and overnights, group lunches and events
- Greet guests and maintain a sense of professionalism at all times
- Meticulously file expense reports for VPs on a monthly basis
What you should have
- 3+ years prior experience in an administrative support role, supporting multiple calendars, or similar
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Quick learner - able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Confident - knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - actively and efficiently identifies creative solutions
- Trustworthy - has impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Highly organized, demonstrating superior attention to details
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Friendly, upbeat attitude, and ability to keep up with our terrible puns and gifs
- Familiarity with Slack
- Experience supporting multiple executives in a rapidly changing environment, preferably in technology, media, internet, or related companies
- Previous tech and startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.