Manager, Sales - Mid Market
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional sales leader to manage and grow our Mid Market Sales team focusing on customers with 250-1000 employees in APAC along with responsibilities for managing our Enterprise Sales Development team focusing on customers with 1000+ employees. The manager will need to lead by example, coach team members, set goals, establish team culture and hire further talent. The successful candidate needs to communicate effectively, demonstrate a record of sales success in the ANZ market, is excited about creating a category, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of winning new business with craftsmanship in a dynamic environment.
This is a role for an experienced performer who is passionate about the opportunity to grow our presence in APAC in one of the fastest growing technology start-ups globally.
- Hire, lead and develop a team of Mid Market Account Executives, Enterprise SDR’s and BDR’s, applying best practices to produce maximum results
- Use quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- Develop strong partnerships and rapport with Sales Leadership. Work with Sales Managers and Executives towards common goals of pipeline generation
- Establish metrics and help the team improve by understanding their performance
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Develop outbound lead generation and outreach strategy via strong metrics
- Maintain focus and commitment on assigned targets
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Relevant experience in a hands-on sales management role with a focus on lead-generation, driving key metrics and daily activity, preferably in a SaaS organization
- 4 years + quota carrying sales experience
- Consistent track record in achieving and exceeding targets in a closing role
- Desire for developing new business opportunities
- Desire to lead, coach and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Ability to forecast your business – lead conversion data through to pipeline build and win rates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You can adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.