Sr. Manager, Engagement Management (Pre-Sales)
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, embrace it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
Slack is looking for a dedicated Sr. Manager to join our fast-growing team in New York. This team works closely with sales leadership and high-priority customers to enable Slack as a platform where work happens. As a critical member of the Customer Success Go-to-Market (GTM) team, this role is responsible for understanding and positioning solutions that drive long term success for our enterprise customers across all segments.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will build and run a diverse team of hardworking pre-sales services engagement managers looking for mentorship and help growing their careers. In addition, you will remove barriers to customer adoption of Slack and collaborate with the broader leadership team. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management and interpersonal skills. You will need to communicate effectively across multiple departments and have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice.
What you'll be doing
- Directly support a team of pre-sales engagement managers that has fun winning together
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Partner with sales, customer success, and other cross-functional teams to drive ARR on key accounts and prioritize where Slack invests its resources
- Coach the team towards attaining key performance metrics and goals
- Align, engage and develop trusted partnerships with account teams across assigned enterprise customer segments
- Facilitate contracting and negotiation activities for paid success solutions including authoring of proposals, contracts and/or statement of work (SOWs) in close collaboration with our cross-functional business operations, accounting, revenue recognition and legal teams
- Collaborate with internal business development and alliances teams to further align on partner-led solutions to support enterprise customer needs
- Drive pre-sales execution to meet and exceed identified services revenue and customer success targets
- Responsibly focus on workflows between pre-sales contracting and resourcing/delivery team kick-off activities
- Craft customer pre-sales assets and work with internal cross-functional teams to refine existing and develop new GTM assets
- Help drive customer references and case studies
What you should have
- 12+ years of consulting services pre-sales experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 5+ years of people management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Demonstrated business development & sales experience (ideally in a customer success environment)
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with cross functional partners
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.