We're hiring our first ever Design technologist & Prototyper at Slack to work across design and engineering teams to create user experience prototypes, tooling to enable designers productivity and accessible, scalable interfaces through design systems and component libraries to ultimately build out a prototyping platform that allows designers to experiment with and publish workflows in local web or mobile environments.
Designers here work across every stage of product development, from creating the experience of new features, to prototyping and finding creative solutions, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a nice hello, plus links to your work and experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Working directly with product designers early in product exploration initiatives to rapidly build and iterate on new product experiences
- Making designer’s lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive by building custom tooling and apps, integrating with our established design systems architectures, and identifying opportunities for innovation and efficiency improvements
- Working with the User Research team to better understand what gaps exist in internal process, knowledge, or tooling across our design team
- Building tools that make prototyping within the Design organization easier and more tightly integrated with Slack’s engineering architecture and APIs
- Evangelizing the role of a design technologist across the design, product, and engineering teams
- Contributing and helping shape our design system including: components, patterns, composition, and scalability
- Coaching other designers on front-end engineering and prototyping
What you should have:
- Mastery of web development fundamentals
- Track record of building and working with responsive, dynamic web pages
- An eye for and a passion for crafting pixel-perfect web experiences
- Familiarity with modern technologies including Flexbox and CSS animations
- Strong proficiency with version control systems, including Git
- Comfort with Python-based and React-based web frameworks
- Experience with Bootstrap is a plus
- GitHub, CodePen, or other links showcasing your skills, or a UI/UX portfolio is required
- 4+ years of engineering or development skills, OR significant industry experience uniquely qualifying you for this role
- Deep understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment
- Experience & comfort prototyping and quickly iterating with a focus on the end user experience
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $142,400. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.