Manager, Software Engineering
Slack seeks an Engineering Manager to join the leadership of the Interop team. There are more than 85,000 paid customers of Slack, and nearly all of them count on these features to gain the most value from Slack and from their investment in these other services. Your leadership in our team will be key to helping us provide this value to our customers.
What you will be doing
- Lead and coach a group of engineers in delivering scalable, flexible and secure features and APIs to our customers
- Leading projects and an engineering team composed of backend, frontend, iOS, and Android developers.
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers, designers, user research and customers.
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in various functional groups within Slack, to current and future customers, and to our partner organizations.
- Ensuring we meet our commitments to ship high quality software on time, and clearly communicating across the product development team and company regarding key milestones or any time there are risk to our commitments
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- You total of 8 years of experience with at least 4+ years of experience in an engineering management role, and a clear record of success prior to that as a senior/staff engineer
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have experience empowering people to do the best work of their careers.
- You are motivated to work with a diverse team that is distributed among offices in different countries and continents, and eager to travel at least occasionally to work in person with them
- An ability to understand the technical details of what the team is working on
- You craft a compelling long term vision and set goals to meet it.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we’d love to talk.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.