Contingent Workforce Manager
Slack is looking for a Contingent Workforce Manager to own the operational management and continued development of our global contingent worker program (CWP). In this role, you will be hands-on managing the current contingent workforce program and vendor (MSP). Additionally, you will be building out new aspects of the program and iterating on existing components in support Slack’s global operations.
We are looking for a Contingent Workforce Manager who brings a high level of global acumen, a savvy process mind, a strong focus on customer service, and a desire to create strong partnerships with stakeholders. Slack has experienced rapid growth and is building out the infrastructure to support our mission of making work life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for someone that is comfortable with ambiguity and with working in an environment where you build as you go. This role will report to the Senior Manager of People Operations based in San Francisco and work closely with Procurement, Employment Legal and our global People Operations team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own the end-to-end global contingent workforce program from design and implementation to process creation, internal communications, training, vendor management and daily operations
- Partner with Procurement, Legal, IT and the external MSP to build and roll out all processes to support the contingent workforce program
- Responsible for all program compliance management including the creation and implementation of policy documentation, training and communication
- Lead all global contingent workforce projects and initiatives
- Serve as point of escalation for complex CWP program resolution
- Maintain a competitive understanding of best practices and emerging trends to recommend enhancements to the program
- Leverage CWP data and metrics to proactively identify and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Manage the MSP relationship to ensure excellent customer service, compliance, process simplification in order to maximize the program effectiveness
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience managing a global contingent workforce program, ideally in a high-growth company
- Ability to influence decisions and build partnerships with cross-functional, remote teams
- Deep understanding of global employment complexity and the ability to design programs that are compliant, culturally-appropriate and scalable
- Experience leading the design and implementation of global programs in a high-growth organization
- Ability to adapt to a fluid, unstructured environment and ability to produce results or troubleshoot issues independently
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Working knowledge of employee classification rules and the legal environment surrounding contingent workers
- Experience managing relationship with Managed Service Providers and/or other staffing agencies and vendors
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.